Killer Bee – Winter Custom Edition Review
Killer Bee gi gives you the option to order a custom gi to the specs you want. They offer five different package options as to what you can do.
Plain Custom Gi: The is our most basic option. All options available except for the ability to place your own graphics/text on the gi. No custom belt options. No duplicate pair of pants option. No trim color options.
Standard Package: Our standard gi package. All options are available, including the addition of your own graphics to the gi. No custom belt options. No duplicate pair of pants option.
Standard Package Plus: Our standard gi package that includes the feature of having a custom belt made with your own graphics. No duplicate pair of pants option.
Deluxe Package: This is our standard gi package with the added feature of having a duplicate pair of pants made. No custom belt options.
Premium Package: This package gives you everything. Includes a duplicate pair of pants and a custom belt made with your own graphics.
The possibilities of these options are as follows
1. Choice of Gi top Fabric (Ligustica, Meliponini, and Scutellata) in blue, white, or black.
2. Choice of Gi pants Fabric (Drill Cotton vs. RipStop) in blue, white, or black.
3. Gusseted crotch fabric option choice (Normal Cotton/RipStop vs Ligustica weave material)
4. Trim color options for Gi Top/Pants. (inside sleeve cuff, inside pants cuff, bottom skirt of jacket, and lapel.)
5. Option to order and additional duplicate pair of pants instead of only 1.
6. Option to order belt with your own embroidery placed on it.
7. Two placements of embroidery on one of 22 locations
8. Almost unlimited font choices using www.dafont.com.
9. Ability to alter the dimensions of the gi from the original dimensions. Sleeve length, Jacket height, and total pant length.
10. Choice of color for rope style draw string.
11. Choice of color for contrasting stitching.
12. Hands on assistance with building your gi.
13. Improved final confirmation form.
14. Improved placement and sizing of fonts on your gi.
That is a ridiculous amount of options you can do for your gi and the process is super smooth. You can go here to order one.
After receiving the confirmation order I was super stoked and waiting by the mail box every day for it to arrive.
After I opened the package I was even more excited. I mean, we all want a custom gi of our own design. No one has really done this unless you wanted to order them for your academy, and even then you can’t just order one.
Killer Bee made that possible for us and for that….we are grateful and excited.
- 600 GSM Scutella Weave
- White with Blue contrast stitching
- Custom GR x Killer Bee sleeve logos
- Rubber Foam Collar
- Made of Single Piece of fabric
In addition to triple row stitching we also use a surging technique to reinforce the primary seam running through the gi.This helps prevent fraying and separation of the seams during hard grappling matches.
The jacket is very sturdy and reminds me of the original Lucky gi’s that are no longer being made only this gi isn’t as hot. It’s thick enough in the right places that you can break grips super easy (especially in the cuffs) but not so thick it’s weighing you down while rolling.
The quality of the jacket is good despite the two places of thread coming out.
- 12 oz Drill Cotton
- White with Blue contrast stitching
- Gi Material Gusset (Not included, factory mess up)
- 4 belt loops
- Chord drawstring
The cuffs have 6 rows of stitching
Like I said the gusset was supposed to have gi material in it but when it showed up it did not. Jesse offered a partial refund for this to make up for it. The customer service Jesse showed in the before and after process of ordering this gi was PHENOMENAL!!!!
Killer Bee is known for quality all the way around on their kimonos and I can see why. With the one exception of the gusset the pants were made great. Super sturdy and I can tell these pants will be a work horse.
How does it fit?
It’s a super close fit and I dig it a lot. Great for tournament play although I wish the jacket was a tad longer.
Have you ever rolled against someone who has a worn in gi that is like gripping a piece of armor? Almost a fingernail ripper? Judo like.
Yeah….that’s this gi.
Frustrates people trying to get a grip on you but is soft on your skin….not so much their skin though. After a few rolls it does get a little hotter than normal but it’s not uncomfortable. Despite being how thick it is, the kimono is still very much breathable.
The experience of ordering this gi was smooth. Jesse helped me the entire way and answered any question I had very quickly. Unfortunately after I placed my order he introduced a few more extra options like skirt length, jacket length etc. I didn’t want to be a bother so I kept it the way I originally ordered it. There was also several delays in the shipping but that is to be expected considering this was his second Custom gi order. Like I said before, his customer service is amazing and anytime there was a delay he was right on top of it letting me know.
I ordered it on January 20th and received it on May 12th. Not too long of a wait but like i said there were two delays.
Am I happy with the gi?
I could have customized it even more but this is the gi I wanted to test out. I was on the fence about the quality of the gi so I wanted to keep it rather simple to start off. I’ve seen some amazing stuff come out of the previous edition and this edition as well. Check out their facebook page to see what some other people have done.
If I were you and I was looking for a gi that was exactly the way I wanted it I would get this gi. He has upped the amount of options you can do and the possibilities are AMAZING now!!!